Back in June, Apple announced PhotoKit, a new way to edit photos using third-party apps and filters – all from the stock Photos app. Many legacy photography apps have received updates enabling these features, making accessible a great deal of functionality, all in one app. iOS users can now apply watermarks, filters, effects, and more directly in Photos, a feature iPhoneographers are sure to love.
We’ve brought together a list of the photo apps that have been updated to support Apple’s PhotoKit and can be downloaded now.
Apps that use PhotoKit
- Camera Plus ($1.99) – a remote camera app
- Camera360 Ultimate (free) – photo editing with 200+ free filters
- Fragment ($1.99) – add prismatic effects to your photos
- Halftone 2 ($1.99) – comic book creator
- iMovie (free) – Apple’s own video editing app
- Litely (free) – add tones and adjust your photos
- Lumiè ($1.99) – apply bokeh effects to photos
- Photo Wizard Pro ($3.99) – photo editor with a variety of features
- PIX2 (free) – add filters and words to photos
- POMELO (free) – photo taking, editing, and filters
- Replay (free) – video editor
- Scanner Pro ($6.99) – turn images into PDFs
- Snapchat (free) – send pictures and videos to friends
- Quick (free) – add text to photos
- iOS 8 apps with Touch ID support
- iOS 8 third-party keyboards
- iOS 8 apps with Notification Center widgets
Apps will be added below as we notice them, so feel free to check back soon. If you’ve found a photo app we don’t have featured below, please contact us via email at [email protected] or drop a comment below with a link to the app!