Apple has named ‘The Photo Cookbook – Quick & Easy‘ its App of the Week for this week. This means that from now through next Thursday, you’ll be able to pick up the popular app for both iPhone and iPad for free—a great savings of $4.
Showcased by Apple in one of its iPad TV ads, The Photo Cookbook shows you how to prepare for and cook various meals with hi-res photos. Each tutorial is made up of short, straightforward steps, and includes a shot of the finished dish.
The basic version of the app includes 84 recipes, divided into four topics: Quick & Easy, Asian, Italian and Baking. You can increase your library, though, to a total of 240 recipes via three in-app purchase packages, which are priced at $3 a pop.
Some of its top features include:
- basic version with 84 recipes and over 700 high-resolution photos
- expandable with In-App-Purchase to 240 recipes and 2,000 photos
- all recipes are easy to prepare
- all recipes displayed in professional step-by-step photographs
- search function for ingredients and recipes
- ingredient lists can be emailed
- Mark the best recipes as favorites. Simply tap the bottom right corner of a recipe on the overview page.
- You can now add your own notes to recipes.
- ingredients provided with consumer information (retrieved with a tap on the relevant ingredient)
As you can probably glean from the screenshots, The Photo Cookbook is very intuitive and has a sharp interface. If you’ve ever even thought about grabbing a cookbook app, you’d be crazy not to check this one out in the App Store while it’s free.