Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the official mobile game of the upcoming movie, has made its surprise debut on the App Store, well ahead of the movie’s August 8 premiere.
Created by the same that which brought you Combo Crew [Universal, $1.99], this movie tie-in classes as a classic beat ’em up where you play as one of the four classic turtles.
You’ll have to learn powerful combos and counter-attacks to defeat Shredder’s minions, chain multiple attacks to build up your Turtle Power meter combo to unleash your other turtles and much more.
The $3.99 iPhone and iPad game sneakily includes a bunch of In-App Purchases to boost your scores and stats…
Anyone who played Combo Crew should feel right at home. Swipe horizontally to unleash deadly attacks, move your finger up to send enemies into the air and more.
To block your opponent’s attack and launch a counter-attack, tap the screen just as the baddie is about to strike down on you.
Take back the streets of NYC with the most shell-tastic team of secret superdudes EVER! Play as Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello or Raphael and activate fierce Ninjutsu attacks against the Foot Clan, bosses, and mutants. It’s time to protect the city!
Check out this gameplay video by TouchArcade.
Here are a few additional promotional screenshots.
- The official mobile game for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie
- Blockbuster action with Leo, Mikey, Donnie and Raph
- Exciting and intuitive combat controls immerse you in the game
- Jump, spin, punch, and kick waves of street gangs, mutants, Foot Clan, and legendary bosses
- Upgrade each turtle with unique ninjutsu attacks, weapons, training, and boosts like the Freak Streak and Whack Attack
- Chain attacks to trigger an awesome TURTLE POWER mini-game and fight up close with ALL 4 TURTLES
- Play through STORY MODE, written by Tom Waltz, contributing author of the beloved comic series from IDW Publishing
- Stay alive in SURVIVAL MODE against endless waves of enemies
- Test your skills with in-game challenges
- Compete against your friends’ high scores
- Developed by the makers of the acclaimed game Combo Crew
Here’s the official TMNT movie trailer starring Megan Fox and Will Arnett, in theaters August 8.
The universal app is a 94.2MB download requiring iOS 5.1 or later.
Although it’s a paid download, the game features nearly a dozen In-App Purchases for optional in-game items, add-ons, turtle gear and what not, ranging from $1.99 to $4.99.