Just a heads up for all of you gamers out there, the highly anticipated ‘Curse of Naxxramas’ expansion for Blizzard’s Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft is now available. It’s available on both Mac and iPad, and the first quarter is free.
Blizzard intends to release the Naxxramas expansion in five quarters over the next five weeks, beginning with the Arachnid Quarter. Additional quarters will cost money, but Arachnid is free to anyone who participates in the launch event…
Here’s a rundown of the expansion from Blizzard:
Curse of Naxxramas can be unlocked with gold or real money and can be accessed by players that have unlocked all 9 heroes.
* Defeat 15 fearsome bosses to unlock a total of 30 new Hearthstone cards for your collection, including Legendary cards! Naxxramas cards can easily be searched for within My Collection using the search function.
* An all-new interactive Naxxramas-themed game board awaits you within the Adventure! Discover the surprises that lurk inside the slime pools, the quivering masses of spider eggs (spoilers: It’s spiders), and more!
* Surmount 9 diabolical Class Challenges that test your skills with each of the unique classes of Hearthstone!
* Defeating all of the bosses within a wing unlocks the extremely challenging Heroic Mode of that wing. Defeating all of the bosses of Naxxramas on Heroic mode unlocks a new card back for your collection.
* Five unique wings await those brave enough to venture into Naxxramas. The first wing, The Arachnid Quarter, will immediately be available to play for free for a limited time. The remaining four wings are immediately available for players to unlock with real money or gold, and will become accessible over a period of time once unlocked.
1. The Arachnid Quarter – A web choked maze filled with many-legged minions.
2. The Plague Quarter – Necromancers brew deadly plagues while a fungal monstrosity lies in wait.
3. The Military Quarter – Tireless undead knights perfect their deadly arts within these chambers.
4. The Construct Quarter – Abominations stitched together from the Scourge’s victims stomp through these slime soaked halls.
5. Frostwyrm Lair – Chilly abode of Sapphiron and the arch-lich Kel’thuzad himself. (A curse upon my air conditioning bill!)
Again, after the Arachnid Quarter, the next four wings can be purchased for 700 gold per wing or $6.99 USD per wing. Players can earn the in-game gold needed to unlock each wing, or they can choose to unlock them using real money.
For those unfamiliar with Hearthstone, here’s a gameplay video:
If you’re interested, you can find the fast-paced strategy card game Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft for the iPad in the App Store for free, and on Blizzard’s website for Mac, also free. For more information on the game itself, click here.