With an influx of role-playing games in the App Store, it’s probably never been a better time to be a fan of the genre. Now available free in the App Store for the iPhone and iPad, Dungeon Gems by the prolific French publisher Gameloft offers a combination of strategic RPG-style party management and fast-paced puzzle gameplay as you develop and advance your heroes to take on the mighty dragons. Jump past the fold to watch the trailer and learn more about this premium monster slasher…
From the blurb:
Choose your element and sharpen your mind in an epic-thrilling RPG-style game with fast-paced puzzle gameplay. With hundreds of Heroes to choose from, battle through dungeons of fire and ice and hunt down the dragons, all in gorgeous 3D.
Gameloft says that Dungeon Gems is easy to learn and hard to master and they’re spot on. You’ll be linking like-colored elemental runes together to trigger your heroes’ focussed attacks.
And by linking differently-colored runes, you can invoking much more powerful multi-element attacks that will cost you precious Action Points.
Check out the trailer.
- 220 powerful warriors await your summons.
- Choose wisely: Each warrior can launch a different elemental attack, but is vulnerable to an element as well.
- Power up your favorite warriors, then evolve them into new, legendary forms!
- There’s always someone ready to help you in your quest, be it a friend or a complete stranger.
- Choose your allies wisely, as you need the right kind of strength to defeat particular foes.
- Compare your progress to your friends’ and gain bonuses when completing dungeons together.
The 95.5MB download requires an iPhone, iPod touch or iPad running iOS 6.0 or later.
Not interested in traditional RPGs? How about a marriage of dungeon crawling and golf in Wizard Golf RPG from Floor 27 Industries, coming later this month?