As promised, Square Enix Montréal has brought its console-only Hitman franchise to iOS with today’s release of Hitman Go. Like past Hitman titles, this game puts you in the shoes of the franchise’s main hitman character, Agent 47.
But unlike previous releases, Hitman Go is turn-based and involves stealth elements coupled with puzzle solving and requires a strong focus on strategy planning.
The game features diorama-style set pieces and its turn-based approach dictates game mechanics where you navigate fixed spaces on a grid in order to avoid enemies and infiltrate well guarded locations. Your ultimate goal: taking out your target.
The iPhone and iPad game is now available for five bucks a pop. Jump past the fold for more info…
If you’re a fan of stealth video games such as Konami’s Metal Gear Solid series, you’ll notice that Hitman Go bears more than a passing resemblance to the genre: working your way through the beautifully rendered environments involves disguises and requires you to focus on distractions, sniper rifles, 47’s iconic Silverballers and more.
Here’s your launch trailer.
Key highlights include:
- Challenging puzzles that put your assassination skills to the test
- Beautiful scale model-style visuals
- Environments with secret passageways and off-limit areas
- Agent 47’s tools of the trade: Distractions, disguises, hiding spots, sniper rifles and even the iconic Silverballers
- Different enemy types with unique and deadly behaviors
- Different ways of completing each level, silently or forcefully
The graphics are breathtaking.
Hitman Go supports the iPad 2 and up, iPad mini or later, iPhone 4 or later and fifth-generation iPod touch. Note that the game is incompatible with the fourth-generation iPod touch.
The 236MB download is universal and requires iOS 6.0 or later.