Hot on the heels of its major Ferrari update last month, the folks at EA have posted another new version of its popular Real Racing 3 game this week that brings about two new supercars, new Vertex events and new features.
Perhaps the biggest addition in today’s update is the new Real-Time Multiplayer mode, which runs through Game Center. Now you can race with up to 4 of your friends completely live, in various events and tournaments…
Here are your full 2.0 release notes:
Real Racing 3 takes competition to the next level this holiday season with the introduction of Real-Time Multiplayer! Launching alongside this highly requested feature is a new generation of flagship Supercars from McLaren and Lamborghini.
– New Mode – hit the asphalt with up to four friends or rivals in Real-Time Multiplayer via Game Center
– New Cars – the Lamborghini Veneno and McLaren P1™ join the high profile roster of 79 fully licensed vehicles
– New Vertex event series – race the new Supercars in a deep Career Series featuring epic Cup races
– Special Holiday Livery – free for your Ford Focus RS
– Notable Improvements
– Replay camera fixes
– Removed problematic barrier on Hockenheimring
– Fixed Crew use during Time Trials
And the trailer showing off the new cars:
Real Racing 3 has to be one of the most frequently updated racing titles out there. Last month we saw not one but two Ferrari packs, and the month before that new Porsches. And of course, each update adds improvements as well.
Again, Real Racing 3 is a ‘freemium title,’ meaning it’s free to play but you’ll be encouraged to snag some in-app purchases. Still, the game is well-reviewed, and can be found in the App Store for the iPhone/iPad if you’re interested.