Well, they were a little late, but Apple is now taking pre-orders for the iPhone 5. If you live in one of the initial launch countries, you should be able to log into Apple’s website and snag a handset.
Hopefully, the company has planned ahead this time for the influx in traffic, and we won’t have to spend forever trying to place our orders. Last year it took me 2 hours to pre-order the iPhone 4S…
Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like unlocked handsets will be available for US customers to pre-order. But we’ll let you know if we find out differently while we’re placing our orders.
And remember, if for some reason you can’t get your order to go through Apple’s website, you can try your carrier. Verizon, AT&T and Sprint are all taking online pre-orders this morning.
Still trying to decide which carrier and model to go with, or if you’re getting one at all? These posts may help:
- iPhone 5 pricing and availability
- iPhone 5 won’t support concurrent voice and data on Verizon or Sprint
- Verizon says yes to FaceTime, but no to unlimited data
- AT&T confirms iPhone 5 buyers can keep unlimited data
- iPhone 5 vs iPhone 4S head to head specifications
- How the iPhone 5 stacks up against the competition
So, have you pre-ordered your iPhone 5 yet?