Nearly four years ago, a tower defense game by the name of Fieldrunners landed on iOS. The game was an instant hit, and has since been ported to a number of other platforms and consoles.
Last night, Subatomic Studios returned to its roots, and released Fieldrunners 2 in the App Store. The long-awaited sequel includes upgraded graphics, and several new gameplay elements…
From the app’s release notes:
“The fieldrunners are back! With legions of soldiers and a gaggle of new tricks, they’re ready to conquer the globe. Or so they think! Our top scientists at SubaLabs have built a bleeding-edge arsenal of devastating weapons for any heroes willing to stop these dastardly invaders.”
And if that’s not enough to pique your interest, here’s a list of some of the game’s new features:
- Hours of action across a huge world stuffed with levels
- 20 unique, upgradeable weapons for stopping the enemies in style!
- Retina display support makes hyper detailed hand painted artwork shine!
- Air strikes, mines, and powerful items let you attack with the precision of a surgeon!
- Trenches, bridges, and tunnels make strategic choices more important than ever!
- Customizable loadouts so you can pick the perfect weapons for each battle!
- Revolutionary AI lets the fieldrunners move with stunning realism!
- Elite enemy types bring new challenges to the battlefield!
- A tower that launches bee hives!
It looks like the folks over at Subatomic have another hit on their hands. At the time of this writing, the game already has 75 reviews, and 5 stars from over 100 ratings.
Word is that the iPad version is still in the works. But for now, you can grab Fieldrunners 2 for your iPhone and iPod touch from the App Store, for $2.99.
Have you tried Fieldrunners 2 yet? What do you think?