Are you one of the few people left still using Google’s social networking service? If so, you’ll be happy to hear that the search giant has just released a major update to its Google+ app for iOS.
No, the update doesn’t bring about any major new features. But it does include a revamped UI, which looks a lot cleaner than the previous version, and a few other nice improvements…
From Google’s release notes:
- Whether you post photos or articles or text, we’re making ’em look goooood
- We’re adding crisper fonts, larger profile pics and a friendlier homescreen
- We’re making the stream easier to scan, and easier on the eyes with overlays, gradients and other visual elements
- Conversations fall into view as you move forward and backward in time
- Optical cues (like parallax) help the mind linger on individual posts
- Important actions like +1 now float atop the stream, making it easy to endorse all your favorites
All of these tweaks come together to make the app much, much more useable. Trust us, if you haven’t used it in a while, this update is worth taking a look at. If you don’t have it, you can download Google+ from the App Store for free.
Also, while you’re checking out the new design, make sure to add the iDB Google+ page to your circles. It’s kind of like following on Twitter.
What do you think of the update?