When iOS 5 was released, the folks at Apple HQ brought with it the ability to add social network support within the stock iOS address book application. Smartr Contacts from Xobni manages to push the bar a whole lot further.
The team behind popular Outlook plugin, Smartr Inbox, have released what is essentially an address book on steroids for your iOS device. This nifty free application promises to create rich profiles for all your contacts, including communication history and updates from Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Smartr works by creating in-depth profiles by aggregating all of your data from the leading social networking sites and your email accounts, storing the information in the ‘Xobni Cloud’. Once a contact’s information has been matched you are presented with a slick profile view of every contact you have ever interacted with from the various portals mentioned above…
Smartr is largely focused on its ability to search. The application lets you look up contacts by name, email, company, title and more. Smartr is fast: searching almost 2,000 contacts, currently in my Smartr address book, is an almost instant process. The information is always up to date as Xobni’s servers are constantly analyzing and matching your contacts to provide the best results.
Currently there is no support for me.com accounts or iCloud email but this is hopefully going to be rectified in future updates.
These are just a few of the key features on offer from Smartr Contacts:
- Integrated. Built for iPhone and leverages iPhone contact list.
- Automatic. Finds all the people you know from your email, calendar or social networks.
- Personal. Puts a face to every name and email address.
- Insightful. Detects and assigns phone numbers automatically.
- Socially aware. Integrates Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Relevant. Ranks contacts by importance, so the most important people are at the top.
- Fast. Search by first, last, company name or phone number to find anyone.
- Contextual. View email and calendar subjects for each person.
- Customizable. Easily edit any contact or hide them out of view.
- Convenient. One click access to SMS, call or email.
For a better idea of how Smartr works, check out the promotional video below created by the folks at Xobni.
Along with its stunning design and lightning fast searches, it really is, as the title suggests, a super smart address book on steroids. You can download the app, which works on the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch free from the App Store.
Can you see yourself ditching the stock iOS address book for something like this?