As promised, iBooks 2 has just hit the App Store, and you can download it right now.
If you don’t see the download when searching the app store on your iPad, then simple head over to this link in Mobile Safari.
As we covered, iBooks 2 is the latest update to iBooks that features the ability to download full text books, along with many other improved features…
Here is the full App Store info log for iBooks 2:
- Experience gorgeous Multi-Touch textbooks designed for iPad
- iBooks textbooks are filled with interactive features, diagrams, photos, and videos
- Tap to dive into images with interactive captions, rotate 3D objects, swipe through image galleries, watch videos in full screen, and more
- Use a finger as a highlighter when swiping over text in a textbook
- Take advantage of Study Cards to help you memorize important highlights, notes, and glossary terms
- Tap glossary terms to see definitions of key topics and concepts without leaving the page
Apple then goes on to touch on some of the content that will be featured in the latest version of iBooks:
The iBookstore offers textbooks on Algebra, Biology, Chemistry, Geometry, and Physics from McGraw-Hill and Pearson.
These textbooks are currently available to customers in the United States. Textbooks from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt are coming soon.
iBooks textbooks are created with iBooks Author — now available as a free download on the Mac App Store.
For more coverage on the release of iBooks 2, or iBooks Author, check out our previous posts.
Do you plan on downloading?