As you all know the greatest thing just occurred: the iPod Touch 2G has been fully jailbroken. But how do you jailbreak? Very simple.
This tutorial is for PC users only. There is no Mac version available yet. The Dev Team is updating PwnageTool and Quickpwn to work for this. You need to wait a bit. This method requires a FULL restore.
OK so you must first download QuickFreedom. You can download it here, here, or here.
Make sure you have the C++ Distributable Package and LIBUSB. You can install LIBUSB directly from the program. Just press the button in the beginning. So here we go:
- When you open the program you are welcomed to the main menu. Click the “Jailbreak” button in the center.
- Make sure it says LIBUSB is installed and give it a second for it to find and copy the firmware file. When the option becomes available click next.
- Choose whether you want to install Installer and if you want custom boot logos. When done press the “Create Firmware” button.
- When that’s done it will put the custom ISPW in the desktop. Click next.
- Now put your iPod in DFU mode. Hold the Power and Home button for 10 seconds and then the Home button for 8 seconds. When in DFU press the “Start Pre-Jailbreak” button.
- When it is done you can close the program.
- Open up iTunes. Go to your iPod. Press and hold shift and click restore. Select the ISPW in the Desktop and wait for it to restore. When it finishes you are done.
Post any problems in the comments and I’ll try to help.
I have seen a few reports that this is NOT working correctly with Windows 7 and that installing LIBUSB causes some problems. Please do not try this if you are on Windows 7. I will look into this and will get back to you.
UPDATE: Hey guys. QuickFreedom 1.1.1 has been released. It’s the same as before so you can still follow the instructions above. But this update fixes most if not all bugs that you guys in the comments were experiencing. You can download it here, here, and here.