One of our favorite (and my personal favorite) calendar application, Fantastical 2, just received a pretty big update for both its iPhone and iPad versions. The new features added have long been some of the most requested ones, so they’ll definitely be crowd pleasers.
On top of that, all versions of Fantastical have temporarily been discounted by up to 50%. If you haven’t jumped on the bandwagon yet, now is your time.
New in Fantastical 2.1
Besides the usual various bug fixes and improvements, Fantastical 2 has gained a few simple enhancements. One of these new features finally gives you the ability to open the app in order to snooze an event or reminder notification. From there, and as seen on the screenshot below, you have several pre-set snooze options, and the ability to set your own snooze time as well. While the ability to snooze the event directly from the Lock or Home screen would be even better, I am pretty sure Apple doesn’t give developers that much freedom. Until then, this workaround will do just fine.
The folks at Flexibit also added the ability to search and add contacts or locations when creating a new event. When creating a new event, simply tap the arrow in the location field and start typing the name of one of your contacts. Assuming you have the address for this contact in your address book, you’ll be able to select it. But even better, as you start typing an address that is not in your address book, the app will offer possible options. Because it leverages MapKit, it will intelligently offer suggestions for names, places, stores, etc, as you type. It’s actually pretty impressive.
These two features above are enough for me to call it a worthy update, but the changelog doesn’t stop here. Below are some additional features added in Fantastical 2.1:
- New event invitation notifications and app icon badge option
- Upcoming birthday notifications
- Setting to hide the event details location map
- Event preview when duplicating and moving items
- Keyboard shortcuts when using an external keyboard (open Settings > Help > Tips and Tricks for more info)
- Improved calendar colors in the week view
- Improved appearance for timed events that span multiple days in the week view
As previously noted, Flexibit is celebrating the release of Fantastical 2 by offering pretty big discounts on all the version of their app. Get on it while it lasts!
- Fantastical 2 for iPhone is now $4.99 (50% off)
- Fantastical 2 for iPad is now $9.99 (33% off)
- Fantastical for Mac is now $9.99 (33% off)
- Fantastical 2 for iPhone review
- Fantastical 2 for iPad review
- Best calendar apps for iPhone
- Best calendar apps for iPad
Want to know about a great app? Try Duet Display, an awesome app that turns your iPhone or iPad into an extra display for your Mac or PC. Get it now in the App Store.