Our favorite quick reply-enabling jailbreak tweak has been updated with quite a few new features, a brand new developer API, bug fixes, and much more. Auki version 1.3 is a fairly large update, the first of such since the Pangu jailbreak for iOS 7.1.x was released.
Designer Surenix and developer Benno provided us with a preview copy of Auki 1.3, and we’ve been testing it out for the last few hours. Have a look inside to see what’s new.
Here is the full changelog for Auki 1.3:
- New swipe back to read 3 previous messages
- New security mode (disable quick reply from lock screen)
- New APIs for developers to present auki with pre-filled attachment images or recipients
- Ability to compose new emails and numbers not assigned in contacts
- Light keyboard with light mode and dark keyboard with dark mode
- Auto-corrections and shortcuts when sending message
- More status bar awesomeness
- Updated Russian and Chinese translations
- Added Japanese translation
My favorite thing about this new update, beside the awesome potential of the developer API, is the ability to read 3 previous messages using swipe gestures on the quick reply interface. One of my biggest gripes about Auki is the fact that it doesn’t provide you with any real context of the ongoing conversation. The new swipe back to read feature helps to solve that issue.
Be sure to watch our video walkthrough of Auki 1.3 above. Once you do, sound off down below in the comments with your thoughts and observations. Auki 1.3 should be available on Cydia’s BigBoss repo any second now.