Twitterrific on iOS with its flattened interface and light typeface may have paved the way for the iOS 7 redesign. But Twitterrific is much more than a prettified Twitter client. I typically use Tweetbot for my daily tweeting needs on mobile and desktop, but Twitterrific has always been my second choice.
In an update today, Twitterrific has gained a sidebar item called Today, basically an overview of your most recent favorites, retweets and new followers…
Keep in mind that this feature is available only when push notifications are enabled in Settings as Twitterrific must analyze your push notification activity over the last 24 hours. This works even better with Favstar enabled as you can tap on any tweet in the Today view in order to browse the total stats on it for all time.
On the visual front, Twitterrific 5.2.3 features an updated visual appearance, including a photo viewer change to maximize images for the current screen size.
The app’s in-app browser now plays audio for videos even if the device is set to silent. Replying to multiple users has also been improved with secondary usernames auto-selected for quick deletion.
And here’s the list of bugfixes in Twitterrific 5.2.3:
• Fixed wrapping issues with profile text formatting
• VoiceOver no longer reads incorrect names on DMs
• Fixed an issue with saving conversations to Storify
• Protected image uploads to Droplr use the correct link format
• Avatar size setting no longer reverts when avatars are disabled
• Fixed a crash caused by invalid URL parameter
• Retweets are now displayed correctly on Favstar
• The Open Page option for hashtags now opens the correct page
And this concludes our overview of a rather significant Twitterrific update.