Good news today for all of you travelers out there, especially those in the Delta camp. The major US airline has just released a new iPad app and updated its iPhone app with Passbook support, iPhone 5 support and other improvements.
On the new iPad app, you can find, compare and book flights, and their are dozens of other useful features. And with the updated iPhone app, you can now take advantage of Apple’s new Passbook app to store your boarding pass, and more…
The iPad app is actually pretty cool. On top of all of the flight management features, it also has interactive in-flight features and a 3D globe you can spin to see all of the available Delta flights around the world. Here’s a video demo (via Cult of Mac):
Here’s the iPad app’s full feature list:
• Browse destination guides featuring shopping, dining and recommendations from your social network
• View and plan upcoming trips with the interactive trip map
• Find, compare and book flights or rebooked canceled flights or missed connections
• View seat maps, select or change your seat, or step up to Economy Comfort™
• Never miss a beat with the What’s Next feature
• Purchase Trip Extras like in-flight Wi-Fi and Priority Boarding
• Explore the Glass Bottom Jet, which provides an amazing view of what you’re flying over through photos, landmark information and social content from your friends
• Find out what’s playing on board your flight and download Sky magazine and destination-related music and movies from iTunes
• Manage your profile, transactions and SkyMiles® account
• Check in for domestic and international flights up to 24 hours before departure and pay for checked bags – your eBoarding pass can be sent to your phone or email
• Get terminal and gate info and check the latest flight status
• Map flights en route with an interactive flight tracker
The iPhone app has received a fairly significant update. You can now use it to find, compare and book flights, purchase extras like in-flight Wi-Fi and perhaps best of all, add your boarding pass to iOS 6’s Passbook application.
If you’re interested, you can find both the new iPad app and updated iPhone app in the App Store for free.