It has been brought to our attention that Absinthe 2.0 doesn’t work normally on OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion. When you click on the app icon to open it, nothing happens, and the Absinthe interface doesn’t load. That’s not entirely a surprise considering that Mountain Lion is still in beta, but more than a few of you have expressed troubles with the issue.
Likely, this was just an oversight by the hard working folks behind the Chronic Dev Team, and it will probably be fixed in an updated version of Absinthe. Until then, it’s incredibly easy to work around this problem and run Absinthe 2.0 successfully to untether jailbreak your iOS 5.1.1 device. We show you how inside…
Step 1: Download Absinthe 2.0 from our downloads page.
Step 2: Right click on the Absinthe icon and select “Show Package Contents”.
Step 3: Navigate to the Contents/MacOS folder and right click on Absinthe 10.6 and select Open With…Terminal.
Step 4: This will invoke the GUI interface of Absinthe, and you can now proceed with the jailbreak outlined in our iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak tutorial.
That’s all there is to it! Special thanks to Idhanta Kakkar for the tip. Were you able to successfully jailbreak using Absinthe on Mountain Lion after following this tip?
More iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak coverage can be found here:
- Absinthe 2.0 released for iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak
- Absinthe 2.0.1 now available to address bugs
- Download Absinthe
- How to jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 with Absinthe 2.0
- How to jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 using Absinthe 2.0 on Windows
- How to convert an iOS 5.1.1 tethered jailbreak to an untethered jailbreak
- Seas0nPass iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak released for Apple TV
- Cydia reporting HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
- Complete Absinthe coverage
- Complete jailbreak coverage
This article is brought to you by Duet Display, an awesome app that turns your iPhone or iPad into an extra display for your Mac or PC. Get it now in the App Store.