Fret not Windows users, you can now download Absinthe 2.0 in order to perform an untethered jailbreak on your iOS device running iOS 5.1.1. The procedure is pretty much exactly the same as it was for Mac users, beside a few minor details like running Absinthe as an administrator, and the self extracting zip file. Outside of that, if you can follow the steps from our Mac tutorial, you should be fine to use our Windows tutorial as well.
Check inside for the full dedicated tutorial for jailbreak your iOS 5.1.1 device on Windows, because hey, we love our Windows readers and viewers!
Step 1: Download Absinthe 2.0 for Windows from our dedicated downloads page.
Step 2: Extract, and right click on the absinthe-win-2.0.exe icon and select Run as Administrator. This first file is a self extracting zip file. Once you do this, a new folder will be created on your desktop called absinthe-win-2.0 with the necessary files.
Step 3: Open the absinthe-win-2.0 and right click on the absinthe.exe icon and select Run as Administrator.
Step 4: Connect your eligible iOS 5.1.1 device, and verify that Absinthe recognizes the correct name of your device.
Step 5: Click the jailbreak button on Absinthe, and let it run. You should see a progress bar.
Step 6: Eventually your device will appear as if it’s performing a restore, this is normal.
Step 7: Once the device has completed the “restore”, you should notice the Cydia icon on your Home screen.
Step 8: Once Absinthe reports that the process is complete, you can close Absinthe and disconnect your device.
Step 9: Open Cydia and let it configure itself for the first time. Congratulations, your iOS 5.1.1 device is now jailbroken untethered!
Were you able to successfully jailbreak your iOS 5.1.1 device on Windows? Let us know how you fared in the comments below.
More iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak coverage can be found here:
- Absinthe 2.0 released for iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak
- Absinthe 2.0.1 now available to address bugs
- Download Absinthe
- How to jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 with Absinthe 2.0
- How to jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 using Absinthe 2.0 on Windows
- How to convert an iOS 5.1.1 tethered jailbreak to an untethered jailbreak
- How to run Absinthe 2.0 on OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
- Seas0nPass iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak released for Apple TV
- Cydia reporting HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
- Complete Absinthe coverage
- Complete jailbreak coverage