The scheduled “Friday Night Baseball” games are free to stream on Apple TV+ on any device with the iPhone maker’s TV app, with no need for a subscription.
- What’s happening? Apple and Major League Baseball have shared the doubleheader schedule for “Friday Night Baseball” games streaming on Apple TV+ in September, with game assignments for broadcasters to be shared weekly.
- Why care? Because the deal between Apple and Major League Baseball permits you to stream all of the scheduled games for free (but not forever), on any device with Apple’s TV app, without having to be subscribed to the Apple TV+ service.
- What to do? Check out the September schedule and see if there are any games you’d be interested to watch, then set reminders with Siri, in Apple Reminders or a third-party app like Fantastical so you don’t miss them.
Apple TV+ “Friday Night Baseball” scheduled for September 2022
Apple has shared a schedule for “Friday Night Baseball” games streaming on Apple TV+ in September of 2022 (including live pre and postgame shows) in the United States, Canada, Australia, Brazil, Japan, Mexico, Puerto Rico, South Korea and the United Kingdom. And for the first time, Apple noes, “Friday Night Baseball” is now available on Apple TV+ in Colombia, the Dominican Republic, Germany and Italy.
“’Friday Night Baseball’ live pre and postgame coverage will continue to be hosted by Lauren Gardner, along with a rotating group of analysts and former MLB players, including Carlos Peña, Cliff Floyd and Yonder Alonso,” reads the official announcement published on August 4, 2022, in the Apple Newsroom. Former MLB umpire Brian Gorman will continue to offer rules analysis and interpretation.
All of the scheduled games s streaming on Apple TV+ in September 2022 are available for free, without a paid Apple TV+ subscription though for a limited time.
Friday, September 2
- Miami Marlins at Atlanta Braves at 7pm ET
- Philadelphia Phillies at San Francisco Giants at 10pm ET
Friday, September 9
- Cleveland Guardians at Minnesota Twins at 8pm ET
- Atlanta Braves at Seattle Mariners at 9:30pm ET
Friday, September 16
- Baltimore Orioles at Toronto Blue Jays at 7pm ET
- Los Angeles Dodgers at San Francisco Giants at 10pm ET
Friday, September 23
- Boston Red Sox at New York Yankees at 7pm. ET
- St. Louis Cardinals at Los Angeles Dodgers at 10pm ET
Apple and Major League Baseball also provide companion content and interactive features across Apple platforms. In the TV app, for example, additional content includes a preview of the week’s matchups and a daily recap. In the News app, you can follow teams, watch personalized MLB highlights and more. Apple Music will host curated playlists of batters’ walk-up songs from teams featured weekly on “Friday Night Baseball,” plus classic songs that celebrate baseball.
Watch these games anywhere Apple’s TV app is available
To reiterate, games are available free (for a limited time) exclusively on Apple TV+, with no subscription required. You can watch any of the above games in the TV app on any device that supports it, from your iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple TV to your computer via tv.apple.com as well as compatible smart TVs, gaming consoles and cable set-top boxes. Read: How to live-stream to Twitch from Apple devices