The Apple Fitness+ Time to Walk feature is adding new guided audio walking workouts and music on Monday, June 28, 2021.
- New Time to Walk workouts from fitness experts
- Also coming June 28: the Artist Spotlight series
- New playlists are coming as well
New Apple Fitness+ Time to Walk content due June 28
Apple has confirmed via an announcement published on the Apple Newsroom that Fitness+ is adding new Time to Walk episodes on June 28, expanding these guided audio walking workouts with fresh new content.
Beginning June 28, Apple Watch owners can start a new guided audio walking workout with actress Gina Rodriguez. “She talks about learning resilience from her dad and how she built confidence in everything from her body image to feeling part of a community,” says the Cupertino company.
Additional Time to Walk guests are coming as well:
- Anthony Joshua: British Olympic gold medalist for boxing and two-time Heavyweight Champion of the World.
- Cynthia Erivo: Grammy, Emmy and Tony Award-winning actress, singer, songwriter and producer, as well as Academy Award, Golden Globe and SAG nominee.
- Joan Benoit Samuelsomn: Gold medalist in the first-ever women’s Olympic marathon and winner of multiple international marathons, including Boston and Chicago.
- Marsai Martin: Award-winning actress from the hit show “Black-ish” and the youngest working executive producer in Hollywood at age 14 for her feature film “Little.”
- Michaela Jaé “MJ” Rodriguez: Actress and singer known for her role in the award-winning drama “Pose.”
- Naomi Campbell: Supermodel, activist and businesswoman.
- Randall Park: Actor, writer and producer appearing in both the Marvel and DC universes, and in the TV series “Fresh Off the Boat.”
- Dr. Sanjay Gupta: A practicing neurosurgeon and CNN’s chief medical correspondent
- Stephen Fry: Actor, writer and presenter
Aside from playlists, these guided workouts often include photos that appear on Apple Watch, timed to amplify a corresponding moment the guest shares.
New playlists for your workouts
Also launching on June 28: entire playlists from artists like Alicia Keys, Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban and Lady Gaga, among others. These include both high-energy tracks from artists’ entire catalogs plus collaborations and remixes.
Apple is also bringing new HIIT workouts with one of the most sought-after fitness experts, Jeanette Jenkins.
Every Monday for four weeks, new workouts featuring each artist will appear in the service across different modalities. Workout types include Cycling, Dance, HIIT, Strength, Yoga and Treadmill across music genres such as Upbeat Anthems, Latin Grooves, Top Country and Hip-Hop/R&B.
Apple Fitness+ is a fitness subscription service available on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and Apple Watch for $10 per month ($80 per year) in the US, UK Australia, Canada, Ireland and New Zealand.
Three months of Apple Fitness+ are included for customers who purchase Apple Watch Series 3 or later, and one month of Fitness+ is included for existing Apple Watch users.
The service is also available as part of the Apple One subscription bundle.