Samsung Electronics has expanded its Smart Monitor lineup with three new display sizes along with new features like AirPlay 2 compatibility, additional color options and more.
- Samsung’s Smart Monitor, now in 24, 27 and 43-inch display sizes.
- The monitors support enhanced connectivity features, like AirPlay 2.
- This lets you stream media to the TV without an Apple TV.
AirPlay 2 in Samsung’s latest Smart Monitor models
The arrivals include a 43-inch version of the popular M7 model, joining the company’s 32-inch model that launched in November 2020. The new 43-incher supports 4K resolution, uses 65-watt charging via USB-C, has Bluetooth 4.2 and comes with a solar-powered remote control.
The new TVs support Apple’s AirPlay 2 feature, letting customers wirelessly stream videos and photos from their Apple device without needing an Apple TV. Voice assistant support has been upgraded beyond Bixby to enable Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa, too.
The monitors support DeX, a feature that lets owners of compatible smartphones extend their device into a desktop-like experience by connecting a keyboard, mouse and monitor.
According to the announcement on the Samsung website, these new models are available:
- 43-inch Smart Monitor M7 (model: M70A) – The flagship model sports a borderless design, 4K resolution, built-in content streaming apps, speakers and HDR10 capabilities.
- 27 and 32-inch Smart Monitor M5 in white (model: M50A): Now available in white, these models blend in perfectly with minimalist interior designs.
- 24-inch Smart Monitor M5 (model: M50A): The new 24-inch size brings full HD resolution and compactness, making this model ideal for those who may not have the desk space for a larger monitor.
The new monitors are powered by Samsung’s Tizen operating system.
If you haven’t heard about Tizen, the software powers Samsung’s smartwatches. Google and Samsung announced at Google I/O 2021 that the companies are merging Wear OS and Tizen into Wear, a new piece of software for wearable devices that promises to increase the performance and battery life of future Wear-based products.
Image Credit: Samsung Electronics