Sebastien and Cody discuss the wild ride of last week’s AirPods 3 rumors and give their thoughts on talk of a bigger iPhone battery. The pair also talk about Apple discontinuing the original HomePod and what that means for the fledgling smart speaker line. Finally, they answer listeners’ questions.
The AirPods 3 saga: a timeline
- Claimed AirPods 3 images hint at shorter stems and other design changes
- Apple may host its first event of 2021 on March 23
- AirPods 3 renders from suppliers show a shorter stem and replaceable ear tips
- The next AirPods are apparently ready to ship as Apple preps to discontinue AirPods 2
- Kuo says don’t expect AirPods 3 before the fall
In loving memory of the HomePod:
What we’ve been watching:
- Paradise PD on Netflix
- South ParQ Vaccination Special on HBO
Rusty asks via email: I just finished up episode 386 where you discussed AirTags security and how a user’s iPhone would alert them if an AirTag is nearby. Let’s assume someone wants to keep tabs on a person that has an Android phone, is there anything in place to warn them as well or is it stalking Android users without them knowing unless they find the tag?
Gaetan asks on Twitter: You’re given full control of the next iPhone – design, size, internals, software – the whole bit. Whatcha making? You can even can make a non-pro (broad appeal) version and pro (niche) version. What you got in the pipeline?
Send us questions, comments, and feedback: