Spotify today announced its annual Wrapped feature, highlighting the music you’ve been listening to on the service over the year. With Spotify’s year-in-review roundup, you can easily see your most listened to songs, artists and albums over the last eleven months in the Spotify app, in a Stories-style format.
To access your personalized year-in-review roundup, fire up the Spotify app, hit the “Home” tab and then tap the “2020 Wrapped” heading. You will see your most important listening trends and habits of 2020 in a Stories-like format. You’ll also get the “Your Top Songs of 2020” and “Missed Hits” playlists with unplayed songs released in 2020 “based on what you love”.
At the end of the presentation, Spotify will offer to share your three personalized cards with your key listening stats on social media. A web-based version of Wrapped is also available at open.spotify.com/genre/2020-page. In addition to that, Spotify separately shared details on the most streamed songs, albums, artists, podcasts and podcast genres on its platform globally.
Spotify has highlighted these six new features in Wrapped 2020:
- Quizzes: You can take part in quizzes to test your skills at predicting the top podcasts, artists and even the top decade you streamed most.
- Story of Your 2020: Follow the Story of Your 2020 with your Top Song to witness your top song’s journey through the year, from its first stream to its 100th and all the notable listens in between.
- Podcast listening: Your year-in-review roundup includes a deeper dive into podcast listening complete with how many minutes users spent listening and the most binge-worthy podcast of the year.
- New badges: Spotify Premium users get new badges with various titles. For example, if a number of your playlists gained significant new followers, you’ll be a Tastemaker. If you listened to a song before it hit 50,000 streams, you’ll get the Pioneer badge. And based on the number of songs you added to playlists this year, you just might become a Collector.
- New personalized playlists: These range from Your Top Songs, the songs you loved most this year in one convenient place, to Missed Hits and Spotify’s Wrapped discovery playlist where they recommend popular similar 2020 releases you didn’t listen to that Spotify thinks you might like.
- Spotify Wrapped on the web: Even if you’re not a Spotify subscriber, you can still check out the latest in Spotify’s global listening trends at Spotify.com/Wrapped in a browser.
Spotify says that customers in the US, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and Canada can learn more about their listening habits in On Record, a mixed-media experience that highlights their top 2020 artists. And finally, you can go behind the scenes of Spotify Wrapped 2020 on the latest episode of the “Spotify: For the Record” podcast.