After some reviewers have managed to get their hands on Apple’s yet-to-be-released new Powerbeats4 sporty earphones, the Beats website was refreshed Monday with a list of official features such as a 15-hour battery life, “Hey Siri” support and more.
UPDATE: The new Powerbeats earphones went quietly on sale Wednesday, March 18. They’re available in Black, White and Red, cost $150 a pop and replace the previous Powerbeats3.
ICYMI: Apple’s new $150 Powerbeats sporty earphones are now available for purchase in Black, White and Red, replacing the previous Powerbeats3 version https://t.co/BX8cir1b2T
— iDownloadBlog (@iDownloadBlog) March 19, 2020
The latest addition to the Powerbeats family is “built to keep you moving”, brining high-performance wireless earphones to your active life. Aside from offering 15 hours of listening time versus 12 hours on the previous generation, the new Powerbeats use a round cable.
The official features include, according to Beats:
- Wireless high-performance earphones with streamlined, round cable and adjustable, secure-fit earhooks for lightweight comfort and stability
- Reinforced, sleek design for sweat and water resistance during tough workouts
- Integrated on-ear controls for music, phone calls and voice capability
- Powerful, balanced sound with dynamic range and noise isolation
- Up to 15 hours of listening time
- Single charge: Up to 15 hours of listening time1
- Fast Fuel: A 5-minute charge provides up to 1.5 hours of playback
- On-ear controls
- Power button on the left earbud
- Volume, track and call controls on the right earbud
- Hands-free controls with “Hey Siri” and voice assistant on compatible devices
- Dual beam-forming microphones
- Motion-detecting accelerometer
- Speech-detecting accelerometer
- Height: 2.2 inches / 5.6 centimeters
- Weight: 0.93 ounces / 26.3 grams
- Form factor: In ear
- Power: Rechargeable lithium-ion
- Apple H1 chip
- Class 1 Wireless Bluetooth
- Audio Sharing support with iOS 13
And here’s what’s in the box:
- Powerbeats wireless earphones
- Eartips with four size options
- Lightning to USB-A charging cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Card
They’ll be available to order Wednesday, March 18, 2020.
Similar to other Apple packaging, the Powerbeats4 product box uses 70 precent recycled fiber (excluding the sleeve). Before wrapping up, just this one tiny little detail — Apple seems to be marketing these earphones simply as “Powerbeats”, not “Powerbeats4”.
What do you think about these new Beats-branded sporty earphones?
Do you own a previous Powerbeats generation? If so, what has your experience been so far and what do you expect from Apple’s latest addition to the Powerbeats family?
Share your thoughts with fellow commenters down below.