Jumbo promises to make it easy to take back control of your data, privacy and security by making it easy to clean up your social profiles with just a few taps, all from within one app.
Jumbo scans apps you use and your social profiles on Facebook, Google, Twitter, Amazon and the dark web to provide actionable recommendations that increase your online privacy and security. Instagram, LinkedIn and other services are coming by way of future updates.
For instance, you may be prompted that Facebook has face recognition turned on for your account. Your can also stop tracking across social profiles with just a few taps. And, Jumbo does all that in a responsible manner that respects user privacy — it scans data from your iPhone and process it on-device without storing your precious personal information on servers.
You can have Jumbo automatically adjust as many as thirty privacy settings on Facebook, but that’s barely scratching the surface because this app also makes it a cinch to delete old tweets that may haunt you when applying for jobs. Jumbo can make new tweets ephemeral, plus clean old Google searches from your account, erase your Amazon Alexa requests and more.
And lastly, Jumbo allows you to decrease ad tracking, adjust your social media online status, control Facebook tagging and post visibility etc. The ability to remove your personal data from online services and data brokers is coming soon to Jumbo, developers noted.
Here are the key features of Jumbo:
Boost your security
- Increase the security of your Google, Facebook and other internet and social media accounts.
- Monitor the dark web for data breaches.
- Reduce the number of unwanted robocalls.
- Coming soon: Remove your real address, phone number and email from data brokers. Monitor the dark web for compromised social security number, credit card info and other sensitive personal data. Browse the web safely, with data encryption.
Reduce your digital footprint
- Delete old tweets from Twitter.
- Remove old Facebook posts.
- Delete voice recordings from Alexa.
- Coming soon: Remove old photos from Instagram. Delete all your dating activities: photos, profiles and messages.
- Turn off Facebook’s facial recognition feature.
- Limit Google’s use of your search history.
- Protect your data from being used by Google and Facebook for ads and advertisers.
- Limit ads that follow you around.
- Avoid third parties from collecting and selling your data without your consent.
- Limit location tracking by Google and Facebook.
- Coming soon: Hide your IP from your ISP, apps and websites.
Prevent data leaks
- Restrict what info your Facebook profile shows to the public.
- Restrict who can tag you on Facebook and review tags on posts before they show up on your timeline.
- Browse in private mode on LinkedIn.
- Coming soon: Remove your personal data from data brokers.
It’s great seeing that a plethora of advanced features are already been worked on, which shows that a privacy-first app such as Jumbo definitely resonates with people. I would suggest building a web interface for Jumbo so that anyone could use it.
You’re wholeheartedly recommended to take Jumbo for a spin. I’ve found it to be a major time-saver versus having to go into each social account to manipulate a bazillion privacy settings.