One of the best ways to take advantage of your jailbroken iOS device is to download an all-in-one SpringBoard customization jailbreak tweak. These kinds of tweaks often combine the functionalities of several standalone tweaks into one, giving you the most bang for your buck.
Springtomize is perhaps one of the most well-accepted all-in-one SpringBoard customization tweaks ever made, but it’s not the be all and end all of iOS tweaking; many others, including the more recently released Cosmos tweak by iOS developer Sirius24, are worth taking a look at.
As you’ll notice from the screenshot examples above, Cosmos lets you change the aesthetics and behavior of the iOS user interface in many different ways. Some of the examples include colorized Lock screen text, a taller folder background, a grid-based App Switcher, and a colorized power down screen, and these are just the tip of the iceberg…
Once you install Cosmos, you’ll find a dedicated preference pane in the Settings app where you can configure the tweak to your liking:
Here, you can:
- Toggle Cosmos on or off on demand
- Configure custom Lock screen settings
- Configure custom Folder settings
- Configure custom App Switcher settings
- Configure custom Power Down settings
- Configure custom Dock settings
- Configure custom SpringBoard settings
As you might come to expect, each section is comprised of its own set of sub-options, which can be used to tailor the iOS user interface around your unique desired outcome:
For example, you can:
- Configure custom folder background sizes
- Set custom folder background color and opacity
- Adjust the number of app icon rows and columns that appear in a folder
- Hide folder titles
- Keep empty folders
- Lock icons in folders
- Lock folders
- Hide the folder icon background
- Set custom Lock screen text colors
- Customize the Lock screen’s text alignment
- Hide Lock screen page dots
- Hide all Lock screen text
- Disable the Camera and Flashlight shortcuts
- Show the Status Bar’s time display on the Lock screen
- Colorize your iPhone’s Power Down screen
- Enable the Respring button in the iPhone’s Power Down screen
- And much more…
The developer provides a Respring button in the tweak’s primary preference pane so that users can save their new settings after configuring Cosmos.
If you’re interested in trying Cosmos for yourself and giving your iOS device a complete makeover, then you can download it for $1.99 from the Packix repository in Cydia or Sileo. The tweak supports all jailbroken devices running iOS 10, 11, and 12.
Have you installed Cosmos yet? If so, show us your custom setups in the comments section below.