Pwn20wnd released an updated version of the unc0ver jailbreak tool on Tuesday with a plethora of bug fixes and improvements that are intended to make the jailbreak more functional and stable with day-to-day usage. The latest version of the unc0ver jailbreak is now v3.1.3.
Pwn20wnd announced the new update just this morning via Twitter, linking to the GitHub page where it can be downloaded:
Citing the official change log for unc0ver v3.1.3, the update encompasses the following changes:
05/28/2019 – v3.1.3 was released for production with the following changes:
– Fix a bug in updating the status
– Fix a logic bug in remounting the root filesystem (Addresses https://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comments/btxqng/help_still_cant_jb_on_ios_1211_using_the_newest/)
– Make machswap and machswap2 not depend on stealing kernel’s credentials to fix a possible reliability issue
– Update kernel patches to use a safer allocation method
– Fix missing information in the jailbreak completed notice
– Fix false information in the jailbreak completed notice
Evident from the changes listed above, unc0ver v3.1.3 incorporates several important bug fixes. With that in mind, we recommend that everyone currently using an earlier version of the unc0ver jailbreak tool downloads and deploys the latest version of the jailbreak.
It’s worth noting that unc0ver supports all jailbroken iOS 11.0-12.1.2 devices, however A12(X) handsets are only partially supported due to the lack of a working Cydia Substrate for those devices. To circumvent this dilemma, Pwn20wnd is working to incorporate Substitute for A12(X) devices.
As you might come to expect, unc0ver v3.1.3 is available as a free download from Pwn20wnd’s official GitHub repository.
Have you downloaded and used the latest version of unc0ver yet? If so, let us know how it’s working for you in the comments section below!