If you’re an iPhone X, XR, XS, or XS Max owner coming from any older iOS handset without a notch, then you’ve undoubtedly experienced a learning curve while adjusting to the differences between said devices. But what if you could make your older iOS handset more like your shiny new notched iOS handset? Seems far-fetched, right?
If you’re jailbroken, then perhaps not. With a new free jailbreak tweak called LittleXS by iOS developers Ryan Nair and binksalex, you can experience many of the notch-esque features on non-notched iOS handsets.
According to the tweak depiction for LittleXS, the tweak brings each of the following features from to your jailbroken non-notched handset:
- The new Home and multitasking gestures
- A hidden Home Bar
- New hardware button functionality (hold power for Siri, press power + volume for screenshot, etc.)
- A taller keyboard with more room
- Rounded interface corners
- Rounded Home screen Dock and App Switcher cards
- iPhone X, XR, XS, XS Max or iPad-style Status Bar
- Reduced number of Home screen app icon rows
- Bottom inset
- Top-of-display Control Center grabber
- And more…
Upon installing LittleXS, you’ll find a preference pane in the Settings app where you can configure the tweak to your liking:
Here, you can:
- Choose your preferred Status Bar Style
- iPad style
- Notched handset style
- Hide or show the Home Bar
- Enable or disable the taller keyboard
- Toggle and adjust the rounded Dock and App Switcher radius
- Reduce Home Screen app icon rows by 1
- Enable or disable notched-style hardware button controls
- Choose your preferred bottom inset:
- No bottom inset
- New bottom inset
- Old bottom inset
- Toggle and adjust the rounded interface corner radius
- Enable or disable the top-of-display Control Center grabber
The developers provide a respring button at the bottom of the preference pane that you should use whenever you make changes to ensure that they’re saved.
For the most part, LittleXS is a means of porting a modernized iOS experience to some of Apple’s older handsets to make them still feel relevant. We particularly enjoy being able to simulate the newer Status Bar, rounded Dock interface, and the new Control Center gesture, but your mileage may vary depending on your favorite aspect(s) of Apple’s latest devices.
What was your favorite feature in LittleXS? Share in the comments section below.