I use Do Not Disturb mode all the time, because,
LeaveMeAlone is a new free jailbreak tweak by iOS developer Karimo299 that resolves some of these problems by making Do Not Disturb less of a distance. More specifically, it does away with iOS 12’s annoying Do Not Disturb banner and moves the Status Bar icon beneath the Lock screen’s date and time indicator, as shown above.
Once installed, LeaveMeAlone puts a preference pane in the Settings app where you can configure it to your liking:
Here, you can:
- Enable or disable the Do Not Disturb icon systemwide
- Colorize the Status Bar purple to designate that Do Not Disturb is turned on
- Hide the Do Not Disturb icon from the Status Bar
- Use a slider to configure the Do Not Disturb icon’s size
- Use sliders to customize the Do Not Disturb icon’s X and Y positioning
- Reset all options to their defaults
The developer includes a Respring button at the bottom of the preference pane, and we recommend using it whenever you change any of the tweak’s options to ensure they take effect.
We’re particularly excited about how LeaveMeAlone does away with iOS 12’s annoying Do Not Disturb Lock screen banner, as we tend to find ourselves dismissing it out of spite on a regular basis. That aside, the other options are a plus, and we’ve enjoyed using them in our testing.
If you’re interested in trying LeaveMeAlone out for yourself, then you can download it for free from Cydia’s Packix repository. LeaveMeAlone supports all jailbroken iOS 11 and iOS 12 devices and the developer has published the tweak’s source code on GitHub for the world to see.
Do you share similar gripes with iOS’ native Do Not Disturb functionalty? Let us know in the comments section below.