The Apple-owned headphone-maker Beats officially unveiled the new ‘Powerbeats Pro’ on Wednesday. In line with previous rumors and reports, the new model is a totally wireless version of the popular sport earbuds that comes with Apple’s new H1 chip and ‘Hey Siri’ functionality.
Here’s a closer look:
And here’s the promo clip:
And finally, features:
- Sound – Sound was the highest priority in the development of Powerbeats Pro. Completely re-engineered from the inside out, the earphones boast an upgraded linear piston driver that leverages an efficient, pressurized airflow to create a powerful acoustic response in a small package. Enhanced sound quality means incredibly low distortion and great dynamic range across the entire frequency curve.
- Fit – To achieve the best possible fit on the widest array of ears, over 20 configurations were electronically modeled and physically tested. The result is a completely new, ergonomically angled acoustic housing that nests comfortably in the concha bowl of the ear with an off-axis nozzle. It comes with four sizes of ear tips and a redesigned, adjustable ear hook.
- Talk – Powerbeats Pro delivers incredible voice performance for phone calls. A first for Beats, a speech-detecting accelerometer in each earbud and two beam-forming microphones per side target your voice and filter out external sounds such as wind and ambient noise. This means you can answer a quick mid-workout call at the gym with clarity and confidence.
- Battery – Each earbud has up to 9 hours of listening time and more than 24 hours of combined playback with the magnetic closure case. With Fast Fuel, you get 1.5 hours of playback after just 5 minutes of charging and up to 4.5 hours after 15 minutes of charging.
- Connectivity – Class 1 Bluetooth® technology offers extended range and exceptional cross-body performance, meaning fewer dropouts. Each earbud independently connects to your device, so you can choose to use one or both.
- Apple H1 Chip – Simply say “Hey Siri” for voice-activated assistance without having to reach for your iPhone. Powered by the new Apple H1 chip, Powerbeats Pro delivers a faster and more stable wireless connection to your devices.
So while the styling of the Powerbeats Pro might not be for everyone, they do offer more fit options, longer battery life and more durability (Beats says sweat and water-resistant) than AirPods. They are priced at $249.95, and will be available next month in Black, Ivory, Moss and Navy.