The iOS edition of Pixelmator, a Photoshop alternative, yesterday added support for the new 2018 iPad Pro display sizes and the double-tap gesture for Apple Pencil 2 in the latest update.
The update also brings a number of bug fixes and stability improvements.
Pixelmator for iOS 2.4.4 changelog
Developers listed these bug fixes, improvements and new features in the changelog:
- The Pixelmator interface has now been optimized for the newest iPad Pro.
- The double-tap gesture of the new Apple Pencil is now supported.
- Wherever possible, Pixelmator will respect your global settings for the double-tap gesture.
- The Noise, Hue, Miniaturize and Hue effects were not working in the Photos extension. Fixed.
- The canvas was being incorrectly centered in both the app and the Pixelmator Photos extension. Fixed.
- After making a selection and moving it, tapping a part of the selection outside the bounds of the original layer would deselect the layer. Fixed.
This update is provided at no charge to existing users of the app.
Pixelmator Pro—a pro-grade Mac version of Pixelmator with machine learning-optimized features and a gorgeous one-window interface rocking Dark and Light Mode support—was refreshed this morning on Mac App Store with support for Portrait masks, comic-book style effects, useful new keyboard shortcuts and a bunch of other goodies.