While the cryptic release notes accompanying the download only mention bug fixes and unspecified improvements, Apple’s support document reveals that today’s update came with two new automation features for customers’ iPhone and iPad workflows.
The first is a new Post to Tumblr action which lets you publish stuff as a post on the Tumblr service. The second is another new action, The Get Time Between Dates. With it, you can count the number of months between two dates in your automation workflows.
Here are all the bug fixes in Shortcuts 2.1.2:
- Fixed an issue where the screen describing which apps and services are used by a shortcut may not appear when downloading a shortcut.
- Fixed an issue that caused shortcuts with the Open App or Play Sound actions to fail when Siri is used to run the shortcuts.
- Fixed an issue where shortcuts with Repeat with Each actions may freeze when they’re run from the widget or Library tab.
- Fixed an issue where the Phone Number action may not understand phone numbers that contain commas (pauses) or have long extension codes.
- Fixed an issue where the Show Directions action may not work when it’s run from the Shortcuts Today View widget on the Lock screen.
- Fixed an issue where the Add New Reminder action doesn’t work when a time or location isn’t entered.
- Fixed an issue where the Send Payment action may not appear to finish when making Apple Pay Cash payments.
- Fixed an issue where the Ask for Input action’s default answer field for dates wouldn’t support 24-hour time.
- Fixed an issue where the Get Name of Emoji action showed the emoji name in English when the device is set to another language.
- Fixed an issue where some shortcuts may show an error message when they’re run from Search.
- Fixed an issue where shortcuts may fail to download web pages with long Unicode titles.
- Fixed an issue where the Run Editorial Workflow action doesn’t pass a result.
- iCloud sync improvements.
- Localization improvements.
iOS 12 upgrades the previous Workflow app users to the Shortcuts app.