When you use Face ID to unlock your iPhone X, your handset presents an animated lock glyph that indicates the locked or unlocked status of your device. But until now, there haven’t been very many ways of customizing this glyph.
Enter LatchKey, a new free jailbreak tweak by iOS developer Maxwell Dausch that lets you transform the look of your iPhone X’s Face ID unlocking animation.
LatchKey adds a preference pane to the Settings app after installation:
Here, you can customize things like:
- Toggling the tweak on or off on demand
- Choosing a position for your new unlocking animation
- Status Bar
- Compact Status Bar (right)
- Compact Status Bar (left)
- Picking a new theme for your unlocking animation
- Select a custom color for your unlocking animation
- Set the X and Y position for your unlocking animation
- Scale your unlocking animation
- Hide your carrier from the Status Bar when necessary
The developer includes a complimentary Respring button at the bottom of the preference pane so that you can save any changes you make to the tweak’s settings.
If you’re into modifying the aesthetics of your newly-jailbroken iPhone X, then LatchKey is a great place to start. The tweak is available as a free download from Cydia’s Packix repository.
Note: Given the nature of the tweak, it isn’t compatible with non-iPhone X handsets.
Have you customized your iPhone X’s unlocking animation with LatchKey yet? Let us know in the comments section below.