As it does every year during WWDC, Apple has announced the winners of this year’s Design Awards. These awards are typically given out to apps and games that set themselves apart for any number of reasons including user experience, functionality, audio and visual design, and more.
So without further ado, here are your 2018 winners:
- Agenda – a beautiful note-taking app for Mac and iOS
- BANDIMAL – a fun and intuitive music composer for kids
- Calzy – a sharp-looking and highly-customizable calculator app
- iTranslate Converse – turns your device into a universal translator
- Triton Sponge – provides blood loss estimation for surgical sponges
- Florence – an interactive storybook about a young woman’s first love
- Playdead’s INSIDE – an engaging puzzle game with chilling graphics
- Alto’s Odyssey – the sandy follow-up to the hit game Alto’s Adventure
- Frost – gorgeous puzzler set in space
- Oddmar – an epic Viking story told as a side-scrolling, motion comic
Design Award winners not only get a solid aluminum cube with light-up Apple logo, but they also get a prize pack that includes a new iMac Pro, 15-inch MacBook Pro, iPad Pro, iPhone X, Apple Watch Series 3 and AirPods, among other items. Congratulations to all of this year’s winners!