Tuesday morning, developer The Iconfactory pushed Linea Sketch 2.1 to App Store, the latest and greatest version of its award-winning iPad drawing app with comprehensive support for pressure and tilt-based drawing using Apple Pencil or compatible third-party styli.
Version 2.1 brings custom color pickers, colors sets, new web design templates and more.
With custom color pickers, Linea customers can use sliders, hex values or an eyedropper to create their perfect color scheme, and keep a history of changes. Tying perfectly with that are new color sets that include pastels, art deco, flesh tones, app design and more.
And with new built-in templates, customers can create checklists for to-dos and groceries, prototype mobile apps and even create responsive web designs, with or without notes.
Aside from implementing a Tip Jar to support development of the app without becoming a subscriber, this edition of Linea Sketch also includes a couple of other nice-to-haves, like optimized performance, smoother pencil and pen tools, a bunch of bug fixes and more.
Linea Sketch 2.1 release notes
Here’s everything new, improve and fixed in Linea Sketch 2.1:
Custom color picker
- Eyedropper that lets you quickly pick a color from the canvas
- Type in hex colors to match a color from a web site or other design
- Slider to adjust lightness or darkness of a color
- Keeps a history of changes making it easy to experiment
- Tap the Color Sets icon at the top of the palette to access options
- Each of the three palettes can have its own color set
- New color sets include pastels, art deco, flesh tones, app design & more
- Each palette has a set of custom colors: build a color library
- Recent Colors makes frequent color changes a snap
- Lay out multiple responsive Web Design concepts with or without notes
- Also works great for mobile apps on multiple devices
- Monthly Calendar for scheduling in portrait or landscape orientation
- Checklists for to-do items, groceries, and more
Linea Sketch promotional video
The new version is still rolling out in App Store so check back in a few hours if you don’t see it yet. Here’s the original promotional video for the launch version of Linea for iPad.
The update is provided at no additional charge for existing users of the app.
For more information about Linea apps, visit the official website.