One of the fundamental reasons people jailbreak their devices is being able to customize the look and feel of their device, and a new free jailbreak tweak called customizedNotes by iOS developer CydiaGeek lives up to that expectation.
Just as the name implies, customizedNotes lets you personalize iOS’ stock Notes app, allowing you to stand out from every other iPhone user out there.
After you install customizedNotes, you’ll find a new preference pane in the Settings app. Here, you can configure the tweak and give your Notes app a refreshing makeover:
The options here include:
- Disable the search bar in iOS 9 or iOS 10
- Disable the search background field
- Prevent notes from getting deleted
- Hide separators from the app’s interface
- Prevent new notes from being created
- Hide the blur effect from the navigation bar
- Hide the navigation label from the top section of the app
- Disable the back text button
- Hide the date from your notes
- Disable landscape orientation in the Notes app
- Hide the title text from your individual notes
- Enable a gray or white navigation bar color
- Fade the Status Bar into the background
- Enable full-screen mode in iOS 9 or iOS 10
- Make the search field background white
- Enable the darkened keyboard
- Enable yellow and blue tints throughout the Notes app
- Enable bouncy animations in the Notes app
- Speed up animations in the Notes app in iOS 9 or iOS 10
You don’t need to respring your device to save adjustments to your settings, but you should kill the Notes app from the App Switcher and restart it to make sure everything carries over correctly.
You won’t find every single option offered by customizedNotes attractive, but the tweak offers a little something for everyone. Personally, I like the dark keyboard and full-screen options the most, but your favorites may vary as everyone’s opinion will differ.
If you’d like to give customizedNotes a try, then you can download it for free from Cydia’s BigBoss repository. The tweak works on all jailbroken iOS 9 and 10 devices.
What are your favorite customization features offered by customizedNotes? Let us know in the comments section below.