HomeKit support is coming to owners of Netgear’s Arlo Baby Smart HD Monitor Camera via a firmware update later this year.
Support has clearly been limited for connected cameras that work with HomeKit, but based on this year’s CES, it is starting to turn around.
Now it will be easier than ever for parents to check in on their little ones through Apple’s Home app. You can even ask Siri to show you the baby’s room and sooth your child with 2-way communication.
The Arlo baby camera is a bit on the pricier side, retailing at $249, but it does offer several other features you don’t usually see in home cameras. For instance, baby crying alerts, night lights, a music player, and air quality monitoring.
The main selling points include:
- View Anywhere, Anytime: Always stay connected to the most important things in your life, even when you can’t be where they are.
- Advanced Night Vision: See your baby’s every move, even in total darkness. Near invisible infrared LED lights ensure baby’s sleep is distraction-free.
- High Definition Video: Watch your baby in crystal clear 1080p HD.
- 2-Way Talk: Listen in & talk to your baby, straight from your smartphone.
- Smart Music Player: Let soothing lullabies or white noise send your baby to sleep each night. You can even record your own voice and manage music playing remotely from your smartphone.
- Smart Multi-Colored Night Light: Pick your baby’s favorite from thousands of light colors, adjust brightness and warmth, without stepping foot into the baby’s room.
- Air Sensors: Monitor your nursery’s air condition, including temperature, humidity,& VOCs level. Get alerted whenever something is not in your desired range.
- Motion and Sound Alerts: Do you really need to get up from the couch or bed and head to the crib? With Arlo motion and sound smart alerts, you’ll always know.
- Baby Crying Alert: Not only can Arlo Baby alert you when a sound is detected, it will also tell you specifically if it is the sound of your baby crying.
- Go Untethered: Move the camera freely around your home for hours at a time with a built-in rechargeable battery.
Upcoming versions of the Arlo Baby Cam HD will have support baked in from the get-go, but existing owners will be able to have support added via an over the air firmware update.
You can find it now on Amazon for $231.99.