Twitterrific 5 for iOS now supports Twitter’s Quoted Tweets format which was announced two months ago. Additionally, The Iconfactory’s freemium Twitter client for the iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple Watch has picked up half a dozen improvements and feature additions in the latest update, including settings options to display the tab bar at the bottom of the screen instead top of screen.
You can now display a timeline of your own recent tweets, marvel at revamped in-app alerts and—crucially—reply with emoji and canned responses right from your wrist.
To retweet a tweet using Twitter’s new quoting format, tap and hold on the retweet button. Quoted tweets in your timeline include a preview of the original tweet that you can tap to view.
An additional customizable navigation bar slot can now be displayed at the bottom. A new tab bar option accessible by tapping and holding lets you display a timeline of your own recent tweets.
To switch between the marker position and the top of the timeline, just tap once on the currently selected tab toggles.
Before you can use emoji characters and canned replies in the Apple Watch app, enable this feature from the options screen in the Apple Watch companion app on your iPhone, like this.
In addition, you should notice other UI tweaks and experience performance improvements in Twitterrific’s Apple Watch app (the glance loads a lot faster!).
Twitterrific 5.12 changelog:
- Full support for Quoted Tweets
- Tap and hold on the RT button to quote a tweet
- Preview quoted tweets in your timeline, tap to view them
- Settings option to display tab bar at the bottom of the screen (iPhone only)
- An additional customizable nav bar slot is displayed at bottom
- Tapping the currently-selected tab toggles between:
- The marker position and the top of the timeline
- If no marker is available, timeline will scroll to the most recent Load More gap
- New tab bar option – My Tweets (tap and hold to set)
- Displays a timeline of your own recent tweets
- Added URL scheme for sharing and importing muffles
- Tap and hold on a term in your muffle list to share with others
- Import by tapping on a shared muffle rule URL
- Redesigned in-app notification banners for greater visibility
- Swipe downward on any notification to quickly dismiss
- Only notifications for your current account are displayed
- Tap any notification to view additional information
- Apple Watch: Added emoji and quick replies
- Enabled from the options screen in the Apple Watch app on your iPhone
- Increased the number of tweets loaded when tapping the Load More button
- Selecting a tweet refreshes its current Fav/RT count
- Added support for creating muffle rules in search and user timelines
- Additional checks to prevent unrequested redirects from the in-app browser
- Streamlined activation process for push notifications
- Apple Watch: Various UI tweaks and refinements
- Increased button hit target sizes
- Improved use of text wrapping
- Increased contrast
- Apple Watch: Various performance enhancements
- Glance view loading times decreased
- Automatic dismissal after posting a tweet successfully
- Improved Voiceover labels on record and post buttons
- Imgur links are no longer broken
- Links to custom Twitter timelines now open in the browser
- Fixed some cases where the wrong smart quote was being used
- Fixed a crash when opening the photo attachment sheet
- Fixed an issue with reinserting URLs when deleting and editing a tweet
- Fixed issues when emailing tweets containing HTML
- Fixed various visual glitches in the timeline
The 7.5-megabyte universal app requires an iPhone, iPod touch or iPad with iOS 8.0 or later. Apple Watch support requires iOS 8.2 or later.