Fleksy Keyboard, one of the first and most popular software keyboards for iOS 8 devices, has gone free for a week. The app usually retails for 99 cents a pop and has never gone free since its App Store debut as an iOS 8-compatible downloadable software keyboard in September of last year.
In addition, Fleksy’s latest update has rechristened the app as ‘Fleksy + GiF Keyboard’ to reflect its newly gained integration with Riffsy’s GIF Keyboard for iOS. The resulting app now gives you access to millions of GIFs on top of Fleksy’s existing emoji support and perks like advanced keyboard capabilities with gestures and much more.
Now when you type in apps with Fleksy Keyboard, you can use GIFs from Riffsy and Fleksy’s emoji, all in one place. With this change in place, Fleksy let you share “highly expressive content” across iMessage, SMS, Twitter, email and Facebook.
The ability to send GIFs is available right from within the main Fleksy keyboard. From there, you can access other features of Riffsy’s GIF Keyboard such as GIF categories, search, trending GIFs and more.
“All this is made possible thanks to the new features of iOS 8 and the great GIF support that the Apple platform has offered,” developers noted.
To celebrate this partnership, you can now download Fleksy Keyboard in the App Store for free over the next week.
Fleksy Keyboard 5.4 changelog:
We have partnered with Riffsy to bring the premium GIF experience to Fleksy Keyboard:
- Bigger, better quality GIFs
- All the best reaction GIFs
- Explore popular categories and trending GIFs
- Double tap GIFs to add them to your Favorites
- Save GIFs to your camera roll
- Sccess recently used GIFs
- Tap+hold a GIF for more options (such as view in full screen)
- Major updates and autocorrect improvements for all languages.
- For multilingual users, the current language will be displayed on the spacebar (this can be turned off in Settings)
- Color-changing Timelapse Theme Pack! The keyboard changes to different, beautiful colors over time!
- Auto-correct OFF icon now displayed on the spacebar when Auto-correct is turned off in the textfield
- Added more accented characters
- One-handed mode now works in all cases for all devices
- Significant performance and stability improvements
- Various bug fixes
The 54.6-megabyte app requires an iPhone, iPod touch or iPad with iOS 8.0 or later.