Tangent, an innovative iOS app by Pixite which lets you add geometric shapes, patterns, textures, frame overlays and other effects to your photos, has been named Apple’s new Free App of the Week in the ongoing App Store promotion which runs weekly.
Highlighted in the New & Noteworthy section in more than a hundred countries, Tangent was previously Editor’s Choice in the App Store and was on the App Store Best of 2013 charts.
Regularly a $1.99 value, Tangent is now available at no cost until next Thursday. With this app you’ll be well equipped to do some crazy edits to your photos so I’d grab Tangent immediately if I were you.
“Tangent’s gorgeous overlays and patterns provide a unique way to make your photos pop.” wrote Apple’s App Store editorial team.
“A curated selection of beautiful pictures offers inspiration — and when you’re ready to edit, Tangent’s intuitive interface means you’ll have no trouble getting started.”
As mentioned above, the app uses some unconventional filters based on scalable shapes, color fills, light blends and other effects to allow you to customize your photos like never before.
My college Cody took Tangent for a spin soon following its App Store debut a year ago. “I’m not quite sure what to make of Tangent yet,” Cody wrote in his review.
“It’s very different than anything else I’ve ever seen or played with before, so it has that going for it. Plus, people in my Twitter stream can’t seem to stop talking about it.”
- 35 easy-to-use, fully customizable styles that professionally combine shapes, patterns and blends for an amazing look
- 70 versatile shapes (26 out of the box)
- 68 background patterns (22 out of the box)
- 350 stunning combinations of blends and colors
- Exclusive art packs by Neal Dieker
- Simple-to-use slider lets you adjust colors and opacity
- Completely scalable–rotate, zoom, drag and resize
- Unlimited combinations of shapes, patterns, and blends that will completely transform any photo into a work of art
- Share instantly on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
The app’s been recently updated with native display support on the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus devices.
Grab Tanget for free in the App Store until next Thursday.