A refreshed, rebranded, thoroughly revamped and much improved ESPN app is now available for download in the App Store.
ESPN 4.2 brings universal support for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, a thoroughly redesigned interface and long overdue support for the new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus screen resolutions.
The updated software now combines the ESPN SportsCenter app for the iPhone and ESPN ScoreCenter for the iPad into a single unified experience, now rebranded under the new ESPN App name.
The software offers access to ESPN Now, “up to-the-minute ESPN photos, videos and social media content” that can be accessed by swiping away from the news section.
Another new feature: you can now access Cricket World Cup content within the app, just as the international championship kicks off in Australia and New Zealand, including scores, game highlights, videos and more.
ESPN Radio with live audio broadcast is available through both ESPN App (just tap on the On-Air tab and hit “Play”) and ESPN’s Apple TV channel.
To watch live action on any ESPN channel simply tap on the On-Air tab.
ESPN 4.2 for iOS changelog:
- NEW: Support for iPad! The app takes advantage of the iPad’s gorgeous
screen to show you scores and news at the same time. Your favorite teams
follow you throughout the app. Simply tap the team icons in the lower
right for quick access.
- NEW: The ESPN App now looks beautiful on your iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
- We pulled a Puff Daddy and changed the name. Say hello to the ESPN App.
- Introducing ESPN Now. Swipe right from the news section to access up
to-the-minute ESPN photos, videos and social media content.
- Cricket World Cup support, including video clips and scores.
- Like Lebron, we took some time off in Miami to speed things up and fix
The 35.3-megabyte app is now a universal download supporting natively any iPhone, iPod touch and iPad with iOS 8.0 or later.