Amazon is out today with a major refresh to its Cloud Drive Photos app for iOS, which now has a new name, a freshly revamped icon and half a dozen new features.
Known henceforth as just Amazon Photo, the updated software includes full support for the new 4.7″ and 5.5″ screen resolutions of the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, respectively.
It also does duplicate photo detection, lets you upload your images to the company’s cloud storage service in full resolution, allows you to report issues directly through the app and more.
Check out the old icon at left and the new at right.
So, in addition to support for the new handsets and full-res upload capability, the app also boasts an improved landscape mode on iPads and a duplicate detection feature which will issue a warning if the photo being uploaded already exists in the cloud.
Amazon Photo 3.3 changelog:
- iPhone 6/6+ support – Amazon Photos now looks even better on your new iPhone 6 and 6+
- Full resolution photo downloads – You can now download your photos to your device in full resolution so you no longer have to worry about losing details when you print your downloaded photos or display them on a larger screen
- Improved iPad landscape support – Navigate through the app without ever needing to switch back to Portrait mode.
- Duplicate photo detection – Exact matches of your photos won’t be uploaded if they already exist in your account.
- Report problems – You can now easily report any issues directly through the app so we can help get you a resolution faster.
- Performance improvements and bug fixes
In other Amazon news, the company announced a slate of thirteen new shows on the Instant Video service in the U.S., UK and Germany and said a conference call to discuss its fourth quarter 2014 financial results will be held on January 29, 2015, at 2:00pm PT / 5:00pm ET and broadcast live at www.amazon.com/ir.