Apple this morning kicked off its Black Friday sale with $25-$100 (PRODUCT)RED iTunes Gift Cards on qualifying Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple TV and Beats by Dr. Dre purchases. Once your iTunes Gift Card has been redeemed, you can use your iTunes credit toward any purchase on the iTunes Store, including media and apps.
In addition to donating the proceeds from (RED) apps to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS until December 7, Apple will also automatically donate a portion of retail sales to the Global Fund to support the fight against AIDS.
Apple’s Black Friday page reveals the following Gift Card amounts for qualifying purchases:
- iPhone ($50): iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iPad ($50): iPad mini, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air and iPad Air 2
- iPod ($25): iPod nano and iPod touch
- Mac ($100): iMac, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, Retina iMac, Retina MacBook Pro
- Apple TV ($25)
- Beats by Dr. Dre ($25): headphones and speakers
Apple’s never been one to stun with deep Black Friday discounts and this year, as you can see for yourself, is no exception. The promotion is valid today only and includes both Apple retail and online stores.
Apple previously said it will donate a portion of retail sales on Friday, November 28 and Monday, December 1 to the Global Fund to fight AIDS.
For other notable promotions, check out our running list of the ultimate Black Friday deals and apps and games on sale this week.