The official sequel to Candy Crush Saga, the hugely popular match-3 puzzler, is finally available worldwide following its soft-launch in Canada nearly a month ago!
Released by King Entertainment as a freemium download, Candy Crush Soda Saga packs in more than 140 brand new levels and features new modes of play (Soda, Frosting, Honey and more), with plenty new candies and candy combinations to keep you glued to the screen.
As the title suggests, the level-based game has you popping all the soda bottles by swapping gems. This raises your soda level and in some levels will expand the board to have more tiles in it.
For those wondering, the mouth-watering puzzler packs in updated graphics, too. Developers haven’t changed game mechanics much so those who’ve played the previous game should feel right at home in the Soda.
Candy Crush Soda Saga introduces Kimmu, a brand new character joining Tiffi and Mr. Toffee.
As for the new game modes, Frosting challenges you to match candies to smash the ice and Soda has you filling the board with purple cola to save the Candy Bears. All told, there’s a total of five new modes, as per release notes below.
Though you can play the game without paying a dime, some virtual items such as extra moves or lives will require an In-App Purchase. The good thing is, if you play the game across platforms, your progress will be kept in perfect sync via the cloud.
Candy Crush Soda Saga features
- Over 140 Sodalicious levels
- New Game Modes include:
- Soda – switch bottles and candies to release purple soda and save the Candy Bears
- Frosting – match candies to smash the ice and set the Candy Bears free
- Honey – match candies next to the honey to release the trapped Candy Bears.
- Scrumptious new candies and sublime new combinations:
- Match 4 candies in a square to make a Swedish Fish
- Match 7 candies to create the remarkable Coloring Candy
- Explore juicy new environments and meet the kookiest characters
- Mouth-watering new graphics, Candy Crush never looked so tasty
- Easy and fun to play, yet challenging to fully master
- For players that Facebook Connect, there are leaderboards for you and your friends to compare your Sodalicious scores
- Easily sync the game between mobile and tablet devices and unlock the full game features when connected to the internet
Candy Crush Soda Saga comes in at 39.2 megabytes and runs natively on any iPhone, iPod touch or iPad compatible with iOS 7.0 or later.
The previous Candy Crush Saga continues to be available in the App Store on a freemium basis.
I have no doubt in my mind that Candy Crush Soda Saga is going to prove hugely popular. Candy Crush Saga amassed a cool half a billion downloads across platform just one year after launching and the sequel should be no different.
Believe it or not, the London Symphony Orchestra did the soundtrack for Candy Crush Soda Saga, how cool is that?
The game launched earlier this summer on Android and on Facebook a few weeks ago.
I’m not a big fan of the series so I’ll be passing on this one.
How about you?
Do you like Candy Crush games?