In addition to half a dozen bug fixes and various other fixes and improvements, Fantastical 2.1.1 includes support for Dolphin Browser [free download] and comes with improvements to the app’s handling of lists and reminders.
Specifically, your list will finally show reminders that have an alert time but not a due date.
And if you use iOS automation via URL schemes, you can tell other apps to open reminders directly in Fantastical by taking advantage of a new URL handler ‘fantastical2://show?view=reminders’…
You can tell Fantastical to open external links in Dolphin Browser by navigating to the in-app settings interface and choosing ‘Dolphin Browser’ under the ‘Open Links In’ section, as shown below.
Fantastical 2.1.1 changelog:
- List now shows reminders that have an alert time but not a due date (mainly for Exchange tasks)
- Reminders view can now be opened directly with the URL handler (fantastical2://show?view=reminders)
- Added Dolphin Browser as a default browser option
- Fixed snooze options sometimes not appearing if Fantastical was not running in the background
- Fixed a hang when editing a reminder’s due date on iOS 8
- Fixed a potential crash on iOS 8 when accepting invitations
- Fixed an autocapitalization bug on iOS 8
- Fixed birthday alert times not saving correctly
- Fixed birthday alerts being incorrect when the alert is set before the birthday
- Various fixes and improvements
Just recently, Fantastical for iPhone has been given a substantial update which Sebastien covered in detail.
Among the improvements: additional app icon badge and snooze options for events/reminders, contacts’ locations and addresses in events, notifications for upcoming birthdays, keyboard shortcuts when using an external keyboard and various other improvements and fixes.
Fantastical apps are currently 50 percent off for a limited time, good for a $13 saving.
Both versions require iOS 7.0 or later.