The Weather Channel, Apple’s new data provider for the stock iOS 8 Weather app, has refreshed its iPhone app with a pair of useful new features.
Version 6.2, now available free in the App Store, introduces a Hurricane Central feature for detailed hurricane tracking and another one dubbed Boat and Beach Planner that lets you prep for the beaches with the marine forecast summary.
Jump past the fold for full details…
Version 6.2 changelog:
- We get it – your life revolves around the weather. To help you plan seasonal activities and stay safe during hurricane season, the app now tells you the latest about:
- Hurricane Central: Get detailed hurricane tracking, news, and videos, just in time for the peak of the 2014 season.
- Boat and Beach Planner: Going to the beach? Be prepared with the marine forecast summary, including local tides and water temperature.
Last month, the company refreshed the iPad interface with iOS 7 styling (the iPhone version received a massive iOS 7-focused update back in April). And just a week ago, The Wether Channel for iPad has picked up the following features:
- Now showing month and date on weather forecast
- Satellite and hybrid base map options are back
- Improved readability
- Bug fixes
- Performance enhancements
- UI improvements
The 17.4MB iPhone and iPod touch app requires iOS 7.0 or later.
The iPad edition currently sits at version 4.1 and is available as a separate download.