Foxconn and Pegatron go on hiring sprees as iPhone 6 production ramps up

iPhone 6 mockup (Space Gray 002)

As the iPhone 6 enters production over the next few months, a new report claims that Apple manufacturing partners Foxconn and Pegatron are in the process of recruiting new employees from mainland China. Foxconn in particular is said to be hiring a record-breaking 100,000 employees to help assemble the smartphone, which could be released in both 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch models… 

If the Economic Daily News report (via Reuters) proves true, it would mark the largest single hiring spree that Foxconn has ever had. Pegatron will also be expanding its workforce by at least 30 percent in one mainland factory, also coinciding with high demand for the iPhone 6. Foxconn will reportedly manufacture 70 percent of the new iPhones, while Pegatron is tasked with producing the remaining 30 percent.

Foxconn and Pegatron hiring additional employees this month fits within the timeline of the iPhone 6 being released in September. The next-generation smartphone could have a resolution of 2,560-by-1,440 pixels, NFC and wireless charging, a larger and thinner chassis, software-based image stabilization, a relocated power button and more. The handset should run iOS 8 out of the box.

Are you getting excited for the iPhone 6?