If you’re looking to follow the 2014 Soccer World Cup on your iPhone, there’s now an app for that. The U.S.-based global cable and satellite television channel, ESPN, has released an iPhone application called ESPN FC Soccer & World Cup that wants to be your one-stop shop for everything related to the upcoming games.
Available free in the App Store, it allows soccer fans to follow full-time and exclusive in-game highlights, breaking news and analysis, as well as ESPN’s comprehensive coverage of all the major club leagues with videos, highlights, news, opinion and personalized reports…
For those wondering, the 2014 FIFA World Cup takes place in Brazil from June 12 through July 13. Note that ESPN is the exclusive FIFA Official U.S. Broadcaster.
Key highlights include:
• Reaction and analysis on the ground in Brazil from authorities such as Gabriele Marcotti, Sid Lowe, Jeff Carlisle, Roger Bennett, Raphael Honigstein, Tim Vickery Fernando Duarte and Men in Blazers.
• In-depth reports on the U.S., Mexico, Brazil, England, Germany, Spain and other national teams.
• Premier League, La Liga, MLS, Liga MX, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1 and much more
• FIFA World Cup, UEFA Champions League, Europa League, European Championships, FA Cup, Capital One Cup, MLS playoffs, Copa del Rey, Copa Libertadores, Copa Sudamericana, Copa MX, Copa Argentina and more
• Transfer Centre and Transfer Talk blog will keep you up-to-date on all the game’s key transfer news
• Personalized scores and live game details — goals, stats, lineups, tables, injuries, fixtures, video highlights and more
• Access to ESPN FC TV clips with commentary from our reporters and soccer analysts
• Alerts for game starts, goals, final scores and more
• Easily add, edit and remove favorite teams for a custom experience
• Twitter integration for a social perspective on news, rumors and gossip from around the soccer world. See tweets about Manchester United, Barcelona, Chelsea, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, AC Milan, Liverpool and much more in the “”Now”” section of the ESPN FC app.
Due to licensing reasons, geographic restrictions apply so some videos are U.S.-only. ESPN warns you should make sure to accept location services upon initial launch in order to receive all the videos available for your country.
The interface follows Apple’s iOS 7 style guide.
Download ESPN FC Soccer & World Cup free in the App Store.
The 17.2MB download requires iOS 7.0+ and runs natively on the iPhone and iPod touch.