AT&T U-verse subscribers will be happy to hear that you can now watch live TV right on your iPhone (and iPad). The TV, phone and Internet provider updated its iOS client this weekend with this and several other new features.
Today’s 3.0.1 update also adds a slew of improvements to the app’s visual interface, with new fonts, colors and Retina graphics. And the remote control screens have been revamped with sound settings for enhanced usability…
Here is the full 3.0.1 change log:
– Watch Live TV on your iPhone!
– Scroll through the Live Channel Guide to view channels that are available in your U-verse network or those that are available when you’re away from home
– New and Improved ratings-based parental control settings, with channel locking and PIN override, providing primary account holder greater control over master account and all sub-accounts
– New and improved scrollable Guide interaction
– Updated remote control screens, now with sound settings, for improved usability
– Enhanced User Interface with new colors, fonts and layout changes for a brand new look and feel to all screens
– All retina graphics
– Improved search performance
– Launch the myAT&T app directly from within the AT&T U-verse app
– Improved image loading
– Performance enhancements and bug fixes
The Live TV alone makes this a huge update, as it essentially adds another TV screen to your house. Unsurprisingly, most channels require you to be on your home U-verse network to watch them, but there are a few that don’t.
I think I’m most excited about the changes to the remote screen, though. All of the menus and graphics look sharper, and more up-to-date. And although I can’t technically prove it, I think my DVR responds faster to commands.
Obviously, this app won’t do you any good if you’re not a U-verse subscriber. But for the 10 million or so of you that are, the app and this 3.0.1 update are a must download. As always, you can find it in the App Store for free.